At Holsman Physical Therapy and Wellness P.C., your health and well-being is our top priority.
September 14, 2020
Greetings! We are happy to announce that our Lyndhurst office located at 724 Ridge Road Lyndhurst, NJ is now accepting in-person appointments. Please call or visit our most advanced rehabilitation facility yet.
September 1, 2020
All Holsman Physical Therapy offices are now open for in-person care. Please call or make an appointment online.
June 1, 2020
We are collaborating with Vanguard Medical Group to make Covid-19 antibody testing convenient for all our patients.
New Telemedicine Video Appointments
Antibody Testing Now Available
New Telemedicine Video Appointments Available
Your health and safety is always our number one priority, especially during this coronavirus pandemic.
We are taking the steps necessary to ensure that we are protecting both our patients and our staff against potential infection. We have added video telemedicine visit options and antibody testing for those with COVID-19 health concerns as well as other general and chronic health concerns. Most of our current visits are conducted via video at this time.
If you’re concerned you might have the coronavirus, we will recommend a video visit. (As this is an evolving situation, we will keep you posted if this changes in any way.)
For children and healthy adults, the risk of getting seriously ill is relatively low. Our efforts will be focused on preventing the spread of the virus to our seniors and those adults with chronic diseases like diabetes, cancer, heart or lung disease.
If You Are Sick, Call Us First
What should you do if you are experiencing symptoms consistent with a respiratory illness? CALL US FIRST. If you think you might be sick, let us know when you call to make an appointment. Telemedicine has been integrated into our action plan. We will guide you with next steps before and during your visit.
Telemedicine Video & In-Office Options Available
Keeping up with your health has never been more important. That’s why we’re offering several ways for you to connect with us.
Video visits are not just for coronavirus. Telemedicine (video visits) can be a helpful way to get the care you need during the pandemic, especially if you are coping with a chronic issue like diabetes and high blood pressure—and it can help prevent a trip to the hospital for more serious concerns.
Unfortunately, we are seeing too many news stories of people who were afraid to go for care and end up with a serious health problem. If you’ve been delaying or avoiding care, a telemedicine visit may be a comfortable alternative for you.
The providers at Vanguard are available and can use video visits to manage:
Back Pain - for Physical Therapy referral
Arthritis - For Physical Therapy and Occupational Therapy referral
Cough and Colds
Depression or Anxiety Follow-up
Bone Density, Including Osteoporosis
Medication Refills (ADD, Cholesterol, Thyroid, etc.)
Muscle Strain / Ligament Sprain - for Physical Therapy referral
Video appointments are billed according to your individual insurance company’s policy. Medicare and major insurance plans are accepted.
COVID-19 Antibody Testing
Have you already been infected with COVID-19 but were not tested at the time? If so, you will have antibodies in your bloodstream. We can test to see if that’s the case, but the test has to be done at the right time. If it’s given too early, you may get a false negative. It’s also important to understand the pros and cons of the test and the implications of the results. That’s why it’s important to have your primary care provider assist you in doing this test.
Here’s the process:
1. Schedule a video visit so we can understand the timing, symptoms and reason for testing.
2. If the Vanguard provider believes that testing is appropriate for you, we will promptly schedule your antibody test.
3. You’ll visit one of our offices for a quick blood test.
4. We’ll contact you with the results and see if you have any additional questions.
5. We will bill your insurance.*
*Antibody tests are billed according to your individual insurance company’s policy. Medicare and major insurance plans are accepted.
To Learn more about antibody testing at Vanguard Medical Group, click here.
In Our Offices
At times, we will recommend you be seen in person and will arrange an in-office appointment. We have gone to great lengths to guard against the potential spread of all respiratory illnesses, including COVID-19. You can help by calling ahead before coming to the office.
In either case, if you are in respiratory distress or experience any other emergency call 911.
April 30, 2020
Holsman Physical Therapy is now Open!
Most of our clinics are now open to see patients one-on-one with strict social distancing and infection control guidelines.
Our patients now have three options to receive our medically necessary therapy services: Telehealth/Teletherapy for NJ and NY residents, House Calls, and Out-patient Clinic. Call or make an appointment online today!
March 23, 2020
Holsman Physical Therapy is now offering TeleHealth Services in New York and New Jersey. Due to the pandemic of COVID-19 Disease, we have shifted most of our operations to online and house calls. This will ensure the safetry of our staff and patients by maintaining social distancing. We will provide the best Therapy services you can expect from our licensed Physical Therapists, Occupational Therapists and Speech Therapists. Most major health insurance will cover TeleHealth Services the same way as if you were in our clinics.
To access Telehealth Services, please make an online appointment or if you have made an appointment already, please click the link below:
March 14, 2020
We are monitoring recommendations from the health authorities and we are open to provide the personal care needed for our patients treatment and journey to recovery.
We would like to share some details on the standard daily practices which we have always had at our clinics in addition to extra steps we are taking in light of the virus.
Standard practices that our patients have always experienced at Holsman Physical Therapy and Wellness P.C. include:
- All of our linens are single use and are cleaned using detergent on high heat
Wiping down of all treatment beds and equipment after each use with hospital grade disinfectant
- Our clinics are fully equipped with hand washing stations as well as hand sanitizer
Cleaning high-touch areas with medical grade disinfectant (e.g., door handles, common area surfaces, railings, chairs, light switches, payment machines, exercise equipment and treatment tools)
- Our staff wash their hands thoroughly between treating each patient
Additional steps we are taking now include:
- Additional training to our staff on increased sanitization/hand hygiene recommendations
- Advising our staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell or have travelled by air in the last 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
- Increasing the frequency of cleaning all items listed above
- Monitoring information from our health authorities to adjust our plan based on recommendations
We know that the COVID-19 virus can be alarming and a bit scary. At Holsman Physical Therapy and Wellness P.C., we see this as a partnership journey with you as we make it a priority to take care of each other.
The steps that we have put in place are due both to our love for our patients but also for our great staff who are here for our patients.
We can all play a role in this joint battle with the virus.
We respectfully request that our patients:
- Wash their hands prior to entering our facility and use hand sanitizer in our lobby
- Reschedule appointments for a future date if you are feeling unwell, have travelled by air in the previous 14 days or have had close contact with someone who has travelled by air in the previous 14 days
Here are some tips that we can all follow in our daily lives:
- Wash your hands frequently with soap and warm water (for at least 20 seconds). Alcohol based hand sanitizer is a good option if soap and warm water is not available
- Cover your mouth and nose with the inside of your elbow when coughing or sneezing
- Regularly clean high touch objects and surfaces
- Avoid contact with people who are sick
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth
- If you feel sick, stay home and avoid public spaces
At Holsman Physical Therapy and Wellness P.C., the health of our patients is the cornerstone of why we exist. We look forward to continuing to be a partner in your health and wellness journey and taking steps with our patients to create a healthy and sanitary environment.
The team @ Holsman Physical Therapy and Wellness P.C.